- - Yummy411: Rainy Day in DC, CS Mini Badger Brush Set; Milani Sunset Duo v. Stark Naked Blush ~ Show The News !!

Yummy411: Rainy Day in DC, CS Mini Badger Brush Set; Milani Sunset Duo v. Stark Naked Blush

Did I get everything in that title? LOL

Yesterday was a cold, dreary, rainy day in DC. Not very Christmas like, nor were these rain boots that inspired my fotd. Since I had my Manish Arora palette in my makeup bag, I knew I could break out of any rainy day blues (or conservative neutrals for that matter!)

Ahh love- pink and yellow hearts!


FACE: Maybelline Mineral Power foundation (liquid) Medium 1 (so not my color but whatevs) (applied with fingers)
Maybelline Mineral Power Bronzing veil in Sunlight 2 (me likey) (powder brush)
EYES: based with concealer
Manish Arora palette
Going Bananas at tear duct (eye shadow brush)
Playful e/s middle, crease and above crease, bottom lid (eye shadow brush, angle brush for bottom lid)
Pink from HiP's Brazen duo outer 3rd, bottom lid (eye shadow brush, angle brush for bottom lid)
Carbon e/s outer v and into crease (crease brush)
Nylon as highlight (eye shadow brush)
Maybelline waterproof liquid liner on top lid
Urban Decay's Zero liner on waterline
Dermablend concealer in Tan (concealer brush)
Max Factor Volume Couture Mascara (had to recheck this to see why it's B's HG mascara)

BROWS: Soft Brown e/s and Swiss Chocolate e/s mixed
Concealer to define and highlight (had to use my MAC power duo, #266 and #209)

CHEEKS: Stark Naked blush (blush brush)

LIPS: Dior Addict Ultra Gloss #313 (Linen Beige?)


A little cam whoring for ya?






Ok, so now that I've used the Coastal Scent Mini Badger Brush Set, ladies, it's a go!
Why I recommend:

  • small, compact and convenient

  • a good solid brush set for quick looks; enough brushes for all of your needs

  • powder and blush brushes are soft and great for blending and buffing of face products (instant love!)

  • angle brush will do great for lining purposes; stiff but soft

  • standard concealer brush; small and firm for concealing small spots

I wish I could get an all encompassing brush set in this size! I've become accustomed to using about 2-3 shadow brushes, 2-3 crease brushes, my special angled brushes and about 2 concealer type brushes. Can't have cake and eat it too, huh? Is it wrong to still want full sizes of some of the brushes?


Buy your set from Coastal Scents for $25. (This price is a bit high for CS, but I like my set nonetheless!)

Next Up, Milani Sunset Duo vs. Stark Naked
I've heard and have used a lot of Milani products: shadows, blushes, Color Brilliance liners, powders, but why have I stayed away from the blush/bronzer Sunset Duos? Curiosity killed the cat and picked up one at a CVS sale.


I got the Sunset Beach duo. If you checked the link, the color representation for this one is off. It's more like the bronzer of Sunset Glow (according to the pics). When I opened it, I saw muted pink with sprinkles of gold and I instantly thought of Stark Naked blush from MAC's Red She Said collection.

Here are the swatches:

(l-r) Stark Naked Blush, Blush half of Sunset Beach, Bronzer half of Sunset Beach


Stark Naked appears to be more pigmented with the Milani blush being a touch more muted. However, I actually love both!

monte escalier

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Show The News !! © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects